THE Commissioner of Police, Anambra State, CP Echeng Echeng has on Monday enlightened the general public especially, Ndi Anambra on the dangers of carbon monoxide.
A dangerous substance that is very toxic to health.
This substance when inhaled can cause serious damage to the body and can lead to death.
The substances mostly emanate from generators, water heaters, coal burning appliances or any gasoline powered engine.
The CP made this advocacy as he ordered a comprehensive investigation into the discovery of two lifeless bodies (male and female) on 20/2/2022 at about 5:15pm in a room at Student lodge in Awka.
Preliminary investigation reveals fumes from the generator was strongly perceived from the room when the door was forcefully opened by Police officers that responded to the distress call.
Meanwhile the recovered bodies were deposited to the morgue and no mark of violence was found on the bodies.
However he urges the general public most especially the generator users to keep them away at safe distance from the window/ any place the fumes can penetrate from to avoid such poisonous fumes like Carbon monoxide affecting the ventilation of the house.
BY SUNNY A. DAVID